Apply to Mad UX:
Due to the hand-on approach and project based courses, enrollment in the UX Capstone Certificate Program is limited each year.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2019
All applicants must:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree (any subject area is relevant)
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in the last 60 credits of that degree; Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required
- Not be enrolled in another University of Wisconsin undergraduate or graduate program while completing our UX Certificate program
- Submit official post secondary student transcripts
- Submit a maximum one-page statement of interest – Why are you interested in Mad UX and what do you aim to get out of the program?
- Non-native English speakers submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 92 (Internet version) or better
- No prior computer programming experience required, however general experience with web, mobile, and other interactive technologies is useful and prior experience with Web content management systems or HTML/CSS is helpful.
Online Application System
You must complete an online application through the following university application system: http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/advising/apply.htm
Need help? Email us at email@example.com.
To apply to the program, you must complete the following two steps:
- Fill out the online application (see above).
- Select fall term (there are no spring or summer admissions)
- Choose Capstone Certificate—User Experience Design for your Special Student Type
- Please provide your statement of interest in the academic plans statement field
- Have your official transcripts sent to:
UX Certificate Program
4217 HC White Hall
600 N. Park Street
Madison, WI 53706
c/o Certificate Coordinator Ms. Jenny Greiber
Information Especially for International Applicants
International students are encouraged to apply for and enroll in the certificate program; however at this time they are not eligible for educational visas due to the part time and online nature of the program.
International students who desire to study in the US should complete the UX certificate in their current location, and in that same year, apply to a campus based UW-Madison masters program. Both the iSchool masters degree and the Computer Science professional masters will accept all the credits from the UX certificate toward a campus based masters degree if students are granted admissions to those programs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help you develop a plan to achieve your educational goals.